READ BELOW TO START USING THE CLIENT PORTAL:
- To start using the Client Portal with a folder that only you & V L James Accounting employees can access, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your First Name, Last Name and Email Address with a Message that you would like to be added to our client portal.
- A folder will be manually added to the client portal by one of the V L James Accounting employees. Please allow 48-72 hours to be added to the client portal system.
- When you have been added to the secure client portal system, you will be sent a portal notification email containing your activation link. You are invited to your client folder by the email that you provided.
- The email will be from email@example.com. Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your “safe sender” or “approved contacts” list, if needed, to avoid having portal e-mails diverted to that folder.
- This link grants you access to the folder created for you and will have you set up a password.
- The email you provided will be your username to login into the client portal. Please save these credentials for future use.
- This will allow you to utilize the filing sharing feature with us. Check your email frequently for confirmation on being added to the portal. Let us know if you have not received an email yet.
- Once you have set up your account with the activation link, you can access the portal with your folder one of two ways:
a. Go to www.vljames.com. At the top of the page there is a “Secure Client Portal” Hyperlink. Click on that.
b. Using the navigation menu, hover over portal and then click on the Client portal drop down.
9. Make sure to go over all the information provided below as well.
If you were a client before 2023: This client portal has been reset as of January 1st, 2023. Any clients that have used the client portal before that, will have to submit a new email request.
Note: Once you have access, any documents you upload to the client portal will send notifications to email@example.com